Because I’m terrible I nearly forgot all about my nomination from the wonderful Sam at bellsiebooks for the Creative Blogger Award. Please, no one tell her that what she thinks is creativity is really just laziness.
Now, there are rules for this award, but I’m a rule-breaker by nature (this could be true. You don’t know.) so I’m only going to follow half of them. I’m supposed to thank my nominator. Check. Then share five facts about myself. See below. Then finish up by nominating 15-20 blogs and let them know. These are the rules I’m breaking because pretty much every blog on my reader has been nominated for one award or another in the last few months and it’s hard to come up with that many new blogs you love. So if you’ve participated in the Creative Blogger Award, please share the link to your post below. If you’d like to participate in this award, please consider this your nomination. If you’d just like to share five random facts about yourself, march on my friend and share, share, share.
1. I played bassoon in high school band. My brother and cousin played trombones, another cousin played saxophone, and my sister-in-law played clarinet in the same band. We. Were. Awesome.
2. I talk to strangers all the time. On trains, at bus stops, waiting in line at the coffee shop, meeting people in the middle of a crosswalk, filling up my gas tank… all over the place. I’m probably going to get kidnapped one day.
3. It’s entirely possible that I’m allergic to raw vegetables, but I don’t care. Green beans and peas make my throat itchy, carrots make my tongue taste tinny, and cucumbers make my cheeks feel weird. I’m going to keep eating them.
4. I’m a doodler who can’t doodle. I have no artistic talent when it comes to drawing, but my notes in university were covered in geometric figures and patterned pages. One day I’ll learn to draw… something.
5. I absolutely love portrait photography. Some of my favourites: Danny Santos, Steve McCurry, Robert Maschke, Jeremy Fokkens, Lee Jeffries.
Thank you for playing. And thanks for the nomination, Sam!